Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter 2006

Ah Easter, a time of renewal and rebirth; yellow chicks and white fluffy rabbits; daffodils, tulips and lilies; pastels galore; and even a little chocolate.

My Easter included three days of antibiotic by IV, taxes (refunds are an urban legend, right?), eating left-hand-made lasagna, and lying on the couch reading while keeping my chew-toy-of-a-hand elevated.

On our one foray out that didn’t involve the doctor’s office, we discovered a wee little bookstore tucked into the folds of a shopping corner. And in one dusty little cubby-hole it had novels for sale for ninety-three cents. I bought an Alice McDermott, which I realized later I had already read, and John picked out Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas by Tom Robbins. That was the perfect Easter weekend read. And by the way, The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri is excellent.

No comments: